CITY OF RIVER BLUFF
ORDINANCE NO. 2, SERIES 2023-2024
AN ORDINANCE PROVIDING FOR THE ASSESSMENT OF ALL REAL PROPERTY WITHIN THE CORPORATION LIMITS OF THE CITY OF RIVER BLUFF, KENTUCKY, AND THE LEVYING OF AN AD VALOREM TAX THEREON FOR CITY PURPOSES
WHEREAS, pursuant to the provisions of KRS 92.280 et seq., the City of River Bluff is authorized and empowered to provide a system for the assessment, levy and collection of all City taxes; and
WHEREAS, the Kentucky Constitution Section 169 requires all governmental bodies to have a fiscal year which begins on July 1, unless otherwise directed by law;
NOW, THEREFORE, be it ordained by the City of River Bluff, Kentucky:
- The following provisions shall apply for the period of July 1, 2023 through June 30, 2024 which shall be the fiscal year of the City of River Bluff.
- Under authority contained in Section 132.285, Kentucky Revised Statutes, the City of River Bluff hereby adopts January 1, 2023 as the annual assessment date for all real property and improvements therein subject to ad valorem tax by the City and elects to use the annual assessment of the Property Valuation Administrator of Oldham County, Kentucky as the basis for all City property taxes for the fiscal year July 1, 2023 through June 30, 2024.
- The City Treasurer shall obtain an appropriate listing from the Property Valuation Administrator’s books after they have been supervised and corrected by the Oldham County Board of Equalization. Said listing shall include all property located in the corporate limits of River Bluff assessed as of January 1, 2023.
- There is levied for the fiscal year July 1, 2023, through June 30, 2024 a tax of thirteen cents ($0.13) per one hundred dollars ($100.00) assessed valuation on all taxable property within the City.
- (a) A discount of 2% of the tax due and owing shall be allowed on all tax bills paid prior to October 1, 2023.
(b) The full amount of the tax due and owing shall be paid if payment is made after October 1, 2023 and before November 1, 2023.
(c) The full amount of the tax due and owing plus a 2% penalty thereon shall be paid if payment is made after November 1, 2023 and before December 1, 2023.
(d) All payments made after December 1, 2023 shall be in the full amount of the tax due and owing plus a penalty of 10% thereon.
(e) Interest shall be charged on all tax payments due and owing with interest accruing from December 1, 2023 at the rate of 12% per annum.
(f) The City shall have liens on delinquent taxpayers’ properties. The liens shall include penalties against the aforesaid taxpayers for costs, as same may exist from time to time, associated with the City obtaining, recording and releasing the liens.
- The City Treasurer is authorized and directed to prepare and deliver tax bills pursuant to the provisions of this ordinance by the 15th day of September, 2023.
- Each tax bill shall contain the lot number of the assessed property, the total valuation, the name of the owner of record, the tax rate and the total tax due.
- All omitted property shall be assessed and taxed in the manner provided by the Kentucky Revised Statutes.
- Collection of delinquent taxes shall be made in the manner provided by the Kentucky Revised Statutes.
- The proceeds of such taxes are to be used for the general operating purposes of the City, all necessary capital expenditures and for any and all other purposes permitted by law.
- This ordinance shall take effect from and after its passage, all approval and publication as required by law.
- Passed and approved this 24th Day of May, 2023.
FIRST READING: April 25, 2023
SECOND READING: May 23, 2023
CITY OF RIVER BLUFF
Bryan J. Dillon, Mayor
ATTEST:Katie Buhts, City Clerk